Monday, January 13, 2014

Number 1

I don't get very good cell reception where my office is at work.  So when I hear the short melody telling me "You got a text (or voicemail)!", it could be an hour or so after it was actually sent.  

The roads got fairly icey Friday morning.  I made it in just before it hit, my wife and Ben left a good bit after me, right in the middle of the freezing rain.  Of course, I had that worry of them making it safely to Daycare and work.  When I heard the ring tone, I wasn't sure what to expect to see or hear.  

It was a voicemail, beginning with a muffled noise then: "Tell Daddy what you did, go ahead".  A distant, tiny voice I couldn't understand.  Then my wife's voice "He went potty Daddy!" Repeated by that tiny voice, "Potty Daddy! Potty!".  

I chuckled to myself in relief, never thinking a phone call about someone going to the bathroom would be comforting and/or exciting, or really anything other than too much information; see: in college, from a drunk friend, at 3am.  

But for Ben (and for Mommy and Daddy), this is a big deal.  Mommy is totally ready to get Ben into "big boy undies!".  Though I'm not so sure Ben nor I are ready for only a think layer of cotton protection.  At any rate, time to celebrate successes.  For Ben this means a few M&Ms.

No comments:

Post a Comment