Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bang bang

We're only a few days away from welcoming in the new year.  The family and I made it safely to and from my wife's hometown.  

Two facts from the holidays:
1)  The little guy made out like a bandit
2)  I thin I put on 5+ pounds 

We played a game of "Russian Roulette" a few nights before Christmas, the bullet being a stomach bug.  I can't think of any other way to put it.  That night we had dinner with one of my wife's cousins and her family.  There we all sat around the table enjoying each other's company, with my wife's cousin's husband having just taken a shot of queasiness earlier that day.  Later we played with the kids and then back to the in-laws for our night's rest, not knowing who would be struck with a pale face and weak stomach next. 

I know, I know, keep a positive attitude.  But come on, how could I not picture, and fear, my family of three stopping every 5 miles down the PA turnpike on our way home to bring Christmas dinners back up.  Alas, over the course of the next few days we had two casualties:   my brother-in-law and my wife's cousin.  Close one.  Still sucked to see both of them down and out during the holidays.  Thanks for taking the hits dear family!

Here we are, home.  The tree is dry, standing there, right next to me as I type, stripped of ornaments, waiting for me to drag it to the back yard.  The living room is littered with the shrapnel of happiness and joy, in the form of plastic train rails, a tee pee, a tunnel and multitudes of other topnotch Chinese products.  What I foretold has come to light my readers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment