Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The new blog has dawned . . .

I'll start off by saying that I really hope I keep up on this blog.  I have another blog, but have not posted anything new for quite some time.  Many reasons why not, but one big (little) reason is why I began this one:  my son.  

I hope it might entertain the reader, but maybe help new dads in the process as I still consider myself new.  I'll tag important words, phrases, etc. etc. that probably only pertain to babies and toddlers and being a dad.  Help make it searchable.  

Alright, so I think a bit of background on me could help any reader who wanders by this tiny spot in the blog world and tinier spot in the internet.  

  • What sort of dad am I?  Well, I suppose it's what sort of person I am.  So, I'll list stuff that makes me, me and obviously affects what sort of dad I am:
    •    I'm a huge dork.
      • I reenact time periods in American history.  Yes, I play "dress-up" for fun, have for 16 years.  Yes, my son has already been dressed up, along with my wife.  
      • I sew.  It's how I create some of the accurate clothing and other stuff I need to help be the best reenactor I can be, authentically speaking.  It also helps my wife get buttons put back on and pants hemmed. 
      • I like to read about dorky stuff:  smoking, curing and preserving meat and other stuff, chickens, history, cooking, sewing, making stuff.  
    • I do most of the cooking.
      • I worked in a restaurant through high school and when I was home from college.  Not a bad skill to get a gal . . . and then cook every.meal.since.  Ok, not entirely true, but I do cook a lot.
    • I consider myself an artist.
      • Was named class artist in grade school and have always loved to draw and paint along with going to art museums, exhibitions etc.  
      • I went to a local art school on Saturday mornings for a few years growing up.  
    • I do not have a smart phone or tablet.
      • I'll blame this mostly on finances.  You will all know if this point changes.
    • I grew up in the "country", or at least not in true suburbs with sidewalks.
      • My brother and I spent tons of time outdoors.  I'm sure there will be more reflection on this later.  
    • Ah, right, I'm the oldest of three:  little bro and sis after me.  
    • I enjoy sports, but mostly hockey.
      • I played a few sports growing up, street hockey was one of them since I didn't skate and my folks couldn't afford ice hockey.  Played lots of baseball too.  Again, I'm sure this will come up later.  
    • I'm just over 30.
    • I do appreciate spelling well and proper grammar but don't call people out on it unless it's hiilllaaarious.  
Ok, I think that's enough.  If you have a question about me, post it and I'll get back to you ASAP.  

First "real" blog post to come soon!  

I'd like to thank friend on Facebook for saying I should do this.  Maybe it was one friend, but still, thanks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment