Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Laughs that last

Something about myself I didn't mention in my first post was the fact that I really like making people laugh.  (I'm betting I'll have few more of these self-discovery moments while blogging) It came to mind after I came across this photo:

To create this laugh with you own child: take one red, inflated rubber ball, apply to toddler's belly area, shake gently with slight pressure into belly until desired results are obtained.

I like watching funny movies with people, just to see if they laugh and laugh with them; I think I laugh harder when others are laughing with me.   I like getting a reaction from a good joke or embarrassing moments from my or their past.  I've really enjoyed making my son laugh.  Maybe it's because it's easy, and it really is unless he is in a "terrible two moment".  And I'll be damned if our little stinker doesn't find ways to make us laugh easily.

Ben really liked peaches for a good stretch of time over the summer, when they were in season.  We got some amazing peaches this year and for a kid to love fruit, bonus.  So he learned to say "peach", only it didn't sound like "peach".  He had trouble with the "p", with it sounding more like a "b" and the ending sounding like he added a "t".  Now, put it together and what do ya get?  Bippity, boppity, "Beatch peese". 

If you don't get it or it doesn't make you laugh, that's fine and actually makes sense.  Being one of two in the audience, the inside jokes between myself and my wife that pertain to or are courteousy of Ben are numerous and no one else will get them.

Maybe Ben will read this blog when he gets older and get the joke, maybe he'll do one of the two or neither.  I almost feel bad that our little guy doens't even know he's a stand-up comedian and therapist all in one.  But I'm convinced when he asks "more,more!" when I'm tickling him, that it's just as much for him as it is for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment